Amenities Begin Reopening in Longmont Parks
Several City of Longmont park amenities are reopening with specific requirements in place for public health and safety.
Post Date: 05/18/2020 5:13 PM
Several City of Longmont park amenities are reopening with the following requirements in place for public health and safety:
- If you feel sick or have flu-like symptoms, please do not visit parks or use park amenities.
- Individuals using reopened amenities must follow general guidelines for parks usage, including maintaining six-foot social distancing and having face coverings available for when social distancing may not be possible.
- It is impossible to guarantee a risk-free experience; use of park amenities is at your own risk. Visitors are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer and wipes.
- No more than 10 individuals may be in a court area or wheels park at any one time. If there are already 10 people using the amenity, visitors are asked to return at a less busy time. Do not congregate around the facilities.
These regulations are in alignment with Gov. Jared Polis’ Safer at Home Order and Boulder County Public Health guidelines. (The City of Longmont is following Boulder County Public Health guidelines within city limits, including those portions within Weld County.)
Specific amenities may have additional requirements for their safe use. See below for all opening information and requirements at this time.
Tennis and Pickleball Courts
Tennis and pickleball courts are open for singles play. Doubles play is only allowed if team members are from the same household.
Courts cannot be reserved. Tournament and league play is not available at this time.
Additional safety requirements:
- Players are encouraged to bring their own balls, labeled with their names or other distinctive markings.
- On their serves, players should use their own balls for play.
- After players serve, their balls should be returned to them without being touched by other players. This may include passing using the racquet, kicking or some other non-touch method.
- Visit the United States Tennis Association (USTA) website for more guidelines on making your game safer.
- Nets have been removed at some courts to help maintain social distancing.
Basketball courts are open for use by members of the same household.
Non-household members may play together on a court if group sizes and social distancing can be maintained, face coverings are worn, and players each have their own basketball, (such as in games like HORSE). Equipment should not be shared between non-household players.
Volleyball courts are open only for use by members of the same household. Volleyball games are prohibited among non-household members, as social distancing of six feet between persons cannot be maintained, and the sharing of equipment by non-household members is prohibited.
Disc golf courses
Disc golf courses remain open. All general park guidelines apply to courses. Please do not touch baskets.
Wheels parks, including skate parks, bike parks and roller hockey rinks are open. All general park guidelines apply to these areas. Please do not touch high-contact surfaces such as rails.
City of Longmont golf courses reopened earlier in May. Beginning Thursday, May 21, these courses will offer longer hours. Tee times will be available from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Any tee times after 3:30 p.m. will be for nine holes only. Please make tee time reservations by calling the appropriate clubhouse.
Additionally, golf carts are available to rent with the following requirements:
- Only single-rider carts will be available unless all riders are from the same household.
- Carts will not be allowed in the parking lot.
- Carts will be sanitized after each round; sanitation may take up to 15 minutes.
- Due to the limited number of carts, there may not be a cart available at your tee time.
- Carts should be returned to the staging area. Once there, please throw all trash in the trash receptacle at the end of your round.
- All carts must be returned no later than 7:30 p.m.
Other Parks Amenities
Parks amenities not listed above, including playgrounds, shelters and picnic areas, and other areas amenable to public gatherings, remain closed at this time. Information will be shared on reopening those areas when it becomes available.
Additional announcements regarding the reopening of City facilities will be coming soon. Stay up to date with the status of all City facilities and other COVID-19 news at longmontcolorado.gov/coronavirus. To learn which amenities are offered at various City parks, visit bit.ly/park-amenities and choose the amenity from the “All Amenities” dropdown menu.